The Metrolink Matters Blog is a way for Metrolink to communicate with riders and community members.
We’d like to reach current, new and potential riders, as well as anyone our service impacts by sharing the stories from our agency. Whether it is news, upcoming events, schedule changes or impacts, safety information or ideas for travel excursions, this blog will be available as a resource with the most up-to-date information on all things Metrolink.
Reaching across six counties in Southern California, Metrolink is the nation’s third largest commuter rail system with 409 unduplicated route miles. This means that our service makes a huge impact in Southern California – such as an 8.7 million annual reduction of car trips. Not only does this lead to less traffic on the region’s clogged roads and highways, but it also leads to cleaner air by reducing 110,338 metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions.
We believe Metrolink is vital to Southern California, and it is important to share the stories and successes of Metrolink to continue to expand and provide services that will make the region an even better place to work, live and play.
Thank you for subscribing to or following the Metrolink Matters Blog, we look forward to providing you with a variety of content that will help you truly get to know Metrolink and we look forward to hearing what you have to say about us!
For social media sites that allow comments, the Southern California Regional Rail Authority (SCRRA) prohibits content that is unrelated to the topic of the site. Each site will list what topics are related to the particular site. In addition, content, including articles, posts or comments, posted on SCRRA’s social media sites (by external and internal authorized users) containing any of the following forms of content is prohibited and subject to removal:
- Information that may compromise public safety, public security or efficient SCRRA operations;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Profane language or content;
- Threatening, violent, hateful, or malicious statements concerning individuals;
- Content that is false, factually inaccurate, or materially misleading;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party, such as trademark or copyright infringement;
- Comments or content not germane to SCRRA or public transportation;
- Solicitations of commerce, such as product advertisements;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability (whether perceived or actual), and genetic information;
- Content that defames or threatens to defame SCRRA, Metrolink, any third party, any individual or any group of individuals;
- Uploading or attaching files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of SCRRA or another’s computer;
- Materials that falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- Unauthorized disclosure of confidential, sensitive, or proprietary information.
SCRRA shall remove any content that is deemed in violation of this policy or any applicable law. SCRRA shall retain any content removed based on these guidelines, including the time, date and identity of the poster when available, to the extent SCRRA’s policies require the retention of such information. Users that post content that is deemed in violation of this policy or any applicable law may be denied access to SCRRA websites.