As we come back to a new normal, here’s what Metrolink is doing to keep our riders safe while we continue to move forward
Safety is foundational at Metrolink — and Metrolink will always offer the safest and most reliable service to Southern Californians who are looking for an alternative mode of transportation to get to work, as well as for those who are searching for an affordable way to get to the beach on a weekend while beating the traffic.
In our recent 2021 Metrolink Customer Survey, we’re proud to share that you gave us exceptionally high marks for our health and safety practices that we’ve put into place since the beginning of the pandemic.
In fact, 85 percent of current riders rated Metrolink’s cleaning and safety efforts “excellent” or “good” (on a 5-point scale).
Here is a reminder of a few of the new measures we’ve introduced to keep you safe as the pandemic unfolded:
- Every day we deep clean our trains, and we use an electrostatic sprayer to mist hospital-grade disinfectant throughout train cars, including hard-to-reach places.
- Our Clean Care Crew wipes and disinfects train car touch points periodically throughout the day.
- We’ve doubled the amount of hand sanitizing stations on each rail car.
- We installed new antimicrobial air filters that reduce contaminants by 99.9 percent so you can breathe a little easier.
- We now require face masks to be worn at all stations and onboard trains.
- We developed an online tool called “How Full is My Train?” that enables you to check the capacity in each car, to ensure there is enough space for physical distancing.
These are just the latest steps in our ongoing pledge to keep you safe. Click here to learn about all the ways you can travel safely with Metrolink.