Metrolink is Hosting an Entire Week of Festivities and Giveaways to Express Extra Appreciation to Its Riders
The first ever weeklong customer appreciation celebration leaves the station on Feb. 14., offering loyal riders some extra love with social media contests, exclusive online store discounts, amplified loyalty rewards and more.
For the first time in its 28-year history, Metrolink is expressing extra gratitude to its riders with not just a single day of appreciation – but with a whole week’s worth of love. From February 14-20 this regional commuter railroad leaves the station for the third annual rider appreciation event to embark on a seven-day journey thanking its faithful riders who hail from each of the six SoCal counties it serves. Loyal riders can look forward to a collection of engaging virtual events designed to let them know how much Metrolink appreciates them.
During Customer Appreciation Week, Metrolink will feature a variety of creative and engaging contests, offering special perks, and hosting organizing railway themed giveaways to engage the SoCal community.
The festivities officially kick off on a day of love and appreciation, Feb. 14, with a video of gratitude sent from CEO Stephanie Wiggins directly to Metrolink followers.
Next, Metrolink will offer a series of perks to its SoCal Explorer Loyalty members, who can earn double points for ticket and Monthly Pass purchases, all week long.
Metrolink will also offer all riders a 15% discount on all purchases in the Metrolink store with code THANKYOU15 through Thursday, Feb. 18, 2021 – such as the kid-favorite Metrolink map blanket or stylish apparel such as the T-shirts and sturdy tote bags.
Metrolink will also launch a social media contest on Facebook and Instagram all week through Friday, Feb. 19 at 9 p.m. PST, inviting people to enter via email. Five lucky contest winners (per channel) will receive a pack of 10 round-trip tickets valid throughout 2021 to use for safely Exploring Southern California with their friends and family.
Here’s a rundown of the extended events and activities during this weeklong celebration:
- Monday, Feb. 15 – METROLINK STORE RIDER RETAIL SALE – Metrolink will offer all riders a 15% discount on their store purchases with code THANKYOU15 through Thursday, Feb. 18, 2021.
- Tuesday, Feb. 16 – ALL ABOUT HEALTHY AND SAFE RIDERS – Metrolink will give away care packages including mask packs and hand sanitizers to riders and on social media.
- Wednesday, Feb. 17 – SOCAL EXPLORER MEMBER APPRECIATION – Metrolink will recognize the top three point earners of the SoCal Explorer rewards and loyalty program by gifting them with official Metrolink bomber jackets.
- Thursday, Feb. 18 – CORPORATE PARTNER APPRECIATION – Metrolink will thank members of its Corporate Partner Program (CPP) by recognizing the organizations and essential workers who continue to provide the critical services our communities need via social media.
- Friday, Feb. 19 – METROLINK SAFETY– Metrolink will launch a trivia contest on its Twitter account @Metrolink, inviting riders to answer lightning-round trivia questions about Metrolink health and safety measures to win prizes.
Metrolink is constantly assessing and addressing the changing needs of riders based on customer feedback. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the agency has expanded its offerings of products and services to include flexible ticketing options such as the popular 5-Day Flex Pass and the Kids Ride Free Weekend deal.
From March 2020 into 2021, the agency has also taken a series of comprehensive steps to ensure the safety of passengers and staff while riding the system. This includes doubling the number of hand-sanitizing stations, implementing more frequent and enhanced cleaning procedures, requiring the wearing of facemasks and physical distancing, and most notably, has launched the “How Full is My Train?” to help riders stay physically distanced on all train cars. To see a list of all the ways Metrolink is working to keep team members and riders safe, please visit metrolinktrains.com/health-safety.