Celebrate Crossword Puzzle Day with a Metrolink Crossword!
Crossword Puzzle Day on December 21 commemorates the birth of the challenging word game enjoyed by millions around the world. The very first crossword puzzles were published in England in children’s books and other publications. Many tout the benefits of crossword puzzles. Not only are they fun, but challenging crossword puzzles may help delay the effects of dementia or sharpen the brain for problem-solving. They can also increase vocabulary and even relieve the mind from the stress of the day by focusing on something other than worldly problems.
Celebrate with Metrolink by completing the first Metrolink Crossword Puzzle! Use the image below and the clues provided to solve the puzzle. Plus, be among the first three to submit the correct answers to firstname.lastname@example.org and receive a Metrolink coffee mug from our new Metrolink store! Stumped for some of these answers? Take a look around the Metrolink website to learn more about our service and fill in those squares!
Alternatively, a print-at-home version of the crossword puzzle can be found here.
- 1. The line that helps you skip traffic on the 91 extends as far east as _____ Valley
- 6. This website feature helps you locate your train with its interactive map view
- 9. you can find two dispensers filled with this liquid in every train car
- 10. Contactless ticket purchases are available when you download our ______ ______
- 11. this team uses hospital-grade products to sanitize and disinfect your trains and they also wipe down frequently-touched surfaces
- 13. “_____ _____ Is My Train?” is our website tool that allows you to check the recent history of your train’s ridership levels to help you make social distancing decisions
- 14. Residents of Oxnard would most likely take this line
- 15. Metrolink’s rewards program, allowing riders to earn points as they travel while providing discounts to many local small businesses
- 2. Take this line if you want to travel to Ontario
- 3. The line you’d take if you attended classes at Cal State LA
- 4. The only line that travels through Anaheim – ARTIC station
- 5. The line that travels the furthest north
- 7. This person on your train has a mask for you in case you forget yours
- 8. Initials for the only line that doesn’t travel to Los Angeles
- 12. Metrolink was the first passenger rail system in the country to implement this life-saving safety technology