Take Metrolink to the LA Travel and Adventure Show This Weekend!
Discover the world in one weekend as the Travel & Adventure Show makes its return to the Los Angeles Convention Center this weekend, February 15-16. The nation’s largest travel show will help anyone looking to find, plan and book their next vacation, discovering thousands of travel adventures.
Destination experts will be on-hand to help travelers explore domestic and international getaways, luxurious cruises, adventurous escapes and much more with exclusive travel discounts only offered at the show. Travel enthusiasts will have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with thousands of travel experts and personalize their next adventure.
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet and gain inspiration from the world’s top travel experts and celebrities, as they present seminars and answer questions over the two-day event. At the Travel Theater they will meet:
- Samantha Brown, Host, Samantha Brown’s Places to Love on PBS
- Rick Steves, Travel Writer, Host of Rick Steves’ Europe and Travel with Rick Steves
- Pauline Frommer, Editorial Director of the Frommer Guides and Publisher of Frommers.com
- Peter Greenberg, Emmy Award-Winning Investigative Reporter and Producer and CBS News Travel Editor
- Kellee Edwards, Adventure Travel Expert and TV Host of Kelle Set Go!
From Alaska to Florida, Europe to Asia and the South Pacific, attendees will find great travel options at the Travel & Adventure Show from the show’s top sponsors including MSC Cruises, South African Tourism, Cook Islands Tourism and Switzerland Tourism, among others.
Guests can get their picture taken in their favorite destination at the Visit Billings Montana Green Screen and even experience exploring national parks through sound with ParkTracks at the Find Your Park booth.
Included in the price of admission is the U.S. Passport, TSA Pre Check and Global Entry Acceptance Program, where the U.S. State Department and Passport Agency will be accepting new passport applications, renewing passports, and even taking passport photos on site. In addition to passport acceptance, this area will also feature Global Entry Program appointments, taking place right on the show floor. Included in the price of admission will also be the ability to enroll for TSA Pre Check.
Experts will also be available at multiple stages providing travel tips.
- At the Savvy Traveler Theater stage, visitors will interact with travel experts on subjects ranging from packing and travel technology, to maximizing credit card reward points and what to do if disaster strikes while traveling.
- At the Destination Theater, travelers will receive destination-specific information from local experts containing information on when to go, how to get there, what to see, and off-the-beaten-path attractions from destinations like Alaska, Arizona, Switzerland, and Mongolia, among others.
- At the Global Beats Stage, attendees can feel the beat and experience the rhythm of cultural dances and performances during more than 20 presentations throughout the weekend.
The show opens at 9:30 a.m. Saturday for travel professionals; the public can attend from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. Attendees can purchase single-day and two-day tickets online now for the discounted rate of $12/$19 or on-site for $15/$22. Children 16 and under are free and on-site tickets can be purchased with cash only. For tickets and event information, visit http://latravelshow.com.
Metrolink riders can take the train to L.A. Union Station and transfer for free onto the Metro B (Red) or D (Purple) Line. Exit the train at 7th St/Metro Center and transfer for free onto the Metro A (Blue) or E (Expo) Line. Exit the train at Pico Station. The LA Convention Center is a short walk away: take a right on Pico and a left on Figueroa St.