You can celebrate America’s 243rd birthday with just $10 fares all day on Independence Day, Thursday, July 4!
We will offer our Sunday/Holiday schedule on Independence Day, which includes service on all our lines except the Riverside and Ventura County lines and the four stops on the Perris Valley Line extension. That means you can enjoy activities along the Antelope Valley, San Bernardino, Orange County, 91 and Inland Empire-Orange County lines!
This is a great opportunity to explore the patriotic side of Southern California while leaving the worries of traffic and parking behind. There are many great events through SoCal that salute the red, white and blue, many of which are located close to Metrolink stations.
Some of the options include:
- 4th of July Block Party at Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles
- This free event begins at 3 p.m. and ends at 9:30 p.m., with fireworks, music, food and fun.
- Main Street, USA Independence Day Parade in Corona
- Corona’s Main Street USA Independence Day Parade is a non-competitive parade which provides entertainment, community spirit, and fun for all to enjoy. Drawing 4,000+ families, friends and neighbors, the parade takes place on Main Street from Ontario Avenue to Olive Street. This year’s Parade begins at 9:00 a.m.
- July 4th Street Faire in Mission Viejo
- The Mission Viejo Activities Committee will hold the Annual Street Faire and Fireworks Spectacular on Olympiad between Marguerite and Melinda. The fun begins at 12:00 p.m. with live entertainment on the Main Stage and youth bands performing on our Freedom Stage. There will be rides for the kiddies to enjoy. Food and Game Booths operated by local service groups will be available to delight your taste buds and bring fun and laughter to the little ones. There will also be over 30 booths with wonderful craft and gift ideas. Admission is FREE with tickets being sold for games and rides.
- Southern California beaches
Don’t forget to check the Metrolink website for return times when planning your day!