Join the 626 Golden Streets Event this Sunday
Save-the-date for the 8-mile bike ride through South Pasadena, Alhambra and San Gabriel. Bring any non-motorized transportation to the event join the fun!
The Active San Gabriel Valley (ActiveSGV) team is excited to announce that 626 Golden Streets is BACK, with two new routes planned for 2019! Save-the-date for the first event linking the historic South Pasadena and San Gabriel Mission Districts via Downtown Alhambra!
- Sunday, May 19, 2019 (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.) – 626 Golden Streets | Mission-to-Mission (South Pasadena – Alhambra – San Gabriel)
The 626 Golden Streets Event has no starting point location. However, the event will kick off at South Pasadena Gold Line Station. For more details regarding participation or volunteers please visit their website, here.
•10:00 a.m. – Meet South Pasadena Gold Line Station
•10:30 a.m. – ROLL!
•12:00 p.m. – Return to South Pasadena Station
#626GoldenStreets in 6 Points
- Golden Streets is a FREE event! But bring cash or card to sample SGV treats and support local businesses along the route!
- YOU get to decide where you start and finish. There is no right or wrong way to experience the event.
- All forms of non-motorized transportation are permitted, including walking, biking, skating, jogging, ambling, and strolling.
- Golden Streets is NOT a race. There are no finisher medals or awards. Only miles of smiles on open streets.
- Share the road. Please stay right and exercise caution so everyone can have a safe, enjoyable day.
- Don’t forget to stop, enjoy, and take a picture! Share your best snapshots on social media with the hashtag #626GoldenStreets for chances to win 626 swag and more!
WHAT TO BRING | Please Note:
•A functional bicycle or wheeled device. A bicycle with gears is highly recommended.
•A helmet is required if under 18.
•Children 15 and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
•Bikes with training wheels are not permitted, but children are welcome to attend if pulled in a trailer or on-bike child seat.
•Beach cruisers are not recommended unless you are a strong rider capable of covering the ride distance with one gear!
•NO TRAINING WHEELS permitted! Young children are welcome to tag along via a child seat, trailer, tag-a-long or similar ride.