Bring your bike onboard and ride for free this week!
We’re celebrating Bike to Work Week this week, May 13 to 17 and anyone who brings a bike on a Metrolink train this week will be able to ride for free!
The lower levels of our Bike Cars are equipped with multiple stalls that are designed to hold three bikes each. Bike Cars are identified by a yellow “Bike Car” decal on the side of the train.
Bikes are allowed on ALL Metrolink train cars and each train car is designed to hold three bikes. The special Bike Cars are designed to hold 9 bikes on the lower level.
- Bikes must be safely secured within the bike storage area
- Bikes must never block aisles or doors
- Bicyclists must follow the conductor’s instructions to relocate or board an alternative car due to overcrowding and/or if space is needed for a passenger in a wheelchair
- Only single-rider bikes are allowed
- Battery-powered scooters and wheelchairs are permitted
- Folding bikes are allowed on the train and must be stored in the bike storage area
- Gas-powered vehicles
- Mopeds, motor, tandem and three-wheeled bikes
- Segways (except when used as a mobility device for a passenger with a disability)
- Riding bikes onboard the train or on the station platform
Violating the bike rules may result in removal from the train.
BIKE STORAGE AT STATIONS
Most Metrolink stations offer bike racks or bike lockers for passengers. Please check out the Stations pages to verify if bike amenities are available.