Steps for a Safe Commute
A prepared Metrolink commuter knows how to ensure their personal safety in the course of a regular commute. How many of these tasks are part of your commuting routine?
- Fasten seat belt upon entering vehicle, before starting engine
- Use hand-free cell phone device
- Leave home with plenty of time to travel to station
- Look both ways at high-way grade crossings
- Store packages, duffel bags and valuables in locked trunk
- Wait on platform with your bag; never leave bag unattended
- Pay attention to any audible/visual announcements from station message boards regarding delays, warnings, or other information
- Stand well behind the line as train pulls into station and not cross the line until the train is stopped and the doors open
- Always use the handrail when boarding and leaving the train. Please watch your step
- Use handrail when climbing and descending stairs
- Always use the set handholds when standing or when the train is moving
- Listen to announcements and be aware of landmarks along route that indicate time to collect belongings and proceed to doors for exit
- Safely step from train to platform and move away before train leaves station.