Winter Safety Tips
It’s that time of year again. Days are getting shorter, nights longer and the weather cooler.
Safety is always a priority for Metrolink. As it gets darker earlier, it’s important to exercise a little extra caution when commuting. Please remember the following safety tips when traveling by Metrolink:
- Arrive early. You don’t want to run to catch your train, so give yourself an extra few minutes before your scheduled departure time.
- Use technology to track train updates. Metrolink uses Twitter and Facebook to provide real-time information about service delays and status updates taking the guesswork out of commuting.
- Be cautious on the platform. Rain, and sometimes even ice and snow, can make platforms slippery. Avoid running and always look where you will avoid any hazardous situations.
- Pay attention to onboard announcements. Listen for alerts to upcoming station stops and any changes in service. Listen for any important information.
- Hold the handrails. All passengers should hold the handrails to climb or descend that stairs to prevent falls, collisions or mishaps with other passengers.
- Look both ways. Use caution when walking through parking lots. Use the marked crosswalk where provided. Park in well-lit areas.