Stay Safe with These Safety Tips!
At Metrolink, we are committed to making sure that everyone who interacts with our trains does so safely. Please, take a moment to familiarize yourself with the following safety tips.
Train Facts You Should Know:
- Expect a train on any track, at any time, from any direction.
- Trains can’t swerve—they can only follow the track. The only thing the engineer can do is apply the emergency brake.
- There are often two or more sets of tracks at the same crossing. If you see one train stopped you often can’t see another train approaching.
- Never cross the tracks when the gates are down or when the signal lights are flashing.
On the Passenger Platform:
- Be aware. Not all trains stop at every station.
- Wait behind the line while standing on the platform. Do not cross the line until the train is stopped and the doors open.
- Never run on the station platform.
On Board the Train:
- Hold the handrail when climbing or descending the stairs on board the train.
- Collect your belongings and move toward the exit as soon as your station stop is announced.
- Secure bicycles with the straps provided in each car. Only two bicycles may be stored at each location.
- Never lean on the doors or hold them open.
At Crossings and Tracks
- Always cross the tracks at designated locations only.
- Always look both ways and use caution when crossing.
Safety Always Matters.